Thursday, November 3, 2011

Interview with Corey Gray


Corey Gray, a member of Keep Your Soul Records with Jake Coco, Caitlin Hart, and Jenny Lane. Has shared with us his precious time to have this interview with him. He is a brilliant musician and a great man, who conquered the hearts of the many through his music. Here is what we talked about.



1.) Being a famous (YouTube) musician right now, how do you feel










Well, I guess I will let you know when i'm famous..









2.) Could you share to us your journey into becoming a famous (YouTube) Musician?







As far as being famous, I don't believe I currently am. However, the way that I got into the world of Youtube was by meeting a guy named Jake Coco.  I was going to the studio that he worked out of to write with a buddy of mine, but when I got there, Jake (who had apparently already listened to some of my original music) asked me if I could record one of my songs with him at the studio. So for about six hours we tracked the song out, and a few days later he approached me with an offer to join his label. And ever since we have been having a blast recording and producing videos!







3.) What's the most fun part of being a musician?







 Honestly, the most fun part of everything for me is the chance to create an experience. To pull and tug on peoples emotions and make something that narrates some of the experiences that I have had in my life, And hopefully these little moments that I get to create will help somebody somewhere with whatever it is they   are going through, or making good experiences even better.









4.) If you were to start your career all over again, what changes will you make and why.







 I have to say, I don't have any regrets with my career. I feel that things come when you are ready for them, and I have had an amazing time learning about myself and dealing with things as they come and learning from my mistakes. Without the mistakes my music would have no depth, and my "career" would probably be short lived because I would make those mistakes at much more inopportune times.









5.) How important is your faith and what role does it play in the decisions you make both professionally and privately.






Well, when I first moved out to California to pursue music, I have to admit that my faith in anything was pretty drained. But that was what pushed me to make the move in the first place. Nothing in the world around me was inspiring me, everything seemed so dull and I honestly was questioning so many things about life that I had never questioned before. The world made absolutely no sense to me. But when I arrived in LA I was fortunate enough to land in an incredible group of people where I learned so much more about the things that matter in life. Why passion was so important and how there are so many different realities that can exist on this planet at one time. Eventually I began to learn about buddhism and christianity and so many other faiths and how they all have the same purpose. I began to understand the importance of being present with life and that if I didn't start enjoying the journey of life, I was going to miss out on it. Once I figured out how to apply that to my own life, it changed my music and my entire life, honestly.







6.) If you had to choose a quote (or a line) to describe what motivates you day to day, what would it be?






"The only way to make it, is to make "it" the only way." That is my favorite quote ever. I don't even know who said it first. but it has helped me in so many ways.













7.) What things do you want to let your fans know (which they haven't got a clue) about you?




Haha, well I LOVE Chick-fil-A so much! haha its my favorite fast food restaurant. Haha! Umm and I've only gone surfing twice but I think I'm addicted. And one of my favorite things to do on a day when I have nothing else to do, is to play video games! haha I'll take any body on in Call of Duty or this game called "Skate 3" I don't know if anybody knows of it, but if you do add me! haha my gamertag is CAPNCORENCE!






Don't forget to check all the awesome song covers and originals of Corey Gray on YouTube. Be sure to grab it on iTunes.  



You can find Corey Gray in this following sites:
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/officialcoreygray
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/CoreyGrayMusic?ref=ts
Website - http://www.coreygraymusic.com
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/coreygray1
Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/coreygraymusic


Before you leave
=================
Follow Me On Twitter!
=================
                                     

==================
Be A Fan on Facebook
==================



1 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Ping Hyper Smash Google Ping